ABOUT KIDNEY HEALTH
Early Diagnosis and Protection Methods for Chronical Kidney Disease:
Early diagnosis for chronical kidney disease will decrease the risk of complication in the future. The level of consciousness about kidney diseases, has an enormously rising potential for preventing problems all around the world such as number of deaths and non-contagious diseases (especially cardiovascular diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes and chronicle kidney diseases).
The main information below has been prepared for giving information to doctors, first-level medical service providers and bureaucrats, and for educating high-risky patients, individuals and society.
What is a Chronicle Kidney Disease?
- Chronical kidney disease comes out when there is an important decrease in kidney functions or in the speed of glomerular filtration. And this causes diseases such as high blood pressure, anemia, heart and blood vessel diseases.
How often can a Chronicle Kidney Disease be seen?
- Chronical kidney disease can be seen globally at 500 million people, in other words at 1 person out of every 10 people.
Causes of Chronicle Kidney Disease:
- The main reason for chronicle kidney disease all over the world is nephritic or inflamed diseases, infections, problems in urinary system and hereditary disorder such as policystical kidney disease. These causes show variations referring to diabetes and high blood pressure, which are also the causes mostly seen at cardiovascular diseases in developed or developing nations.
How can a Chronicle Kidney Disease be realized?
- It is realized after simple laboratory tests done with blood and urine samples, which show creatinine level in blood and the speed of glomerular filtration.
What are the results for undiagnosed Chronicle Kidney Disease?
- The first risk is going to be the loss of kidney and dialysis, or apraxia of kidney which will lead to a kidney transplantation. The other risk is early deaths related to cardiovascular diseases.
- Individuals, who at the beginning thought to be healthy but then realised having a chronicle kidney disease, have a ratio of death caused by cardiovascular diseases (coronary heart failure, celebral hemorrhage, embolism, peripheral artery diseases) 10 times higher than the normal, without considering level of kidney diseases. 12 million people die because of this reason all over the world. These numbers increase rapidly because of diabete widely known as Type 2.
What is the social cost and results of becoming widespread Chronicle Kidney Disease?
- Kidney diseases rapidly increase recently, 1.5 million people all over the world survive by hemodialysis, periton dialysis or kidney transplation. This number is predicted to be doubled during 10 years ahead. Also during this 10 years, cost of total dialysis and kidney transplantation will increase up to 1 trillion US dollars. While this economical burden forces the health budgets of developed countries, it will be impossible for the less-developed countries to cover such an expense.
- 80 % of people who had substitute-kidney treatment lives in the developed countries, because such countries can cover these treatments. In countries like India and Pakistan, less than 10 % of the whole patients can have a treatment of a substitute-kidney. In many African countries, substitute-kidney treatments are very less or there is never such a treatment, which leads to high number of deaths.
- In the developing countries, the economic burden of kidney diseases is very heavy, since chronicle kidney diseases usually come out at early ages. For example, 40 % of people having treatment in Guatemala are under the age 40. The Chinese economy will lose 558 billion US dollars in the next 10 years because of the deaths that are caused by chronicle cardiovascular and kidney diseases.
What can be done to discover, prevent and post pone Chronicle Kidney and cardiovascular diseases?
- There are tests which are easily done these days, to discover Chronicle Kidney diseases such as creatinine serum, calculated speed of glomerular filtration and urine albumin tests.
- Most of the people with early-term chronicle kidney diseases, are not discovered. It is a fact that early diagnosis will reduce the functioning of the kidney, since it provides a suitable treatment that will prevent kidney damage or decay of kidney by other complication methods.
Preventing and postponing
Scanning must be applied firstly to situations which has the possibility for a kidney risk at high ratio. These are:
- Patients with diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Obese and smoking people.
- People older than 50.
- People who have family members with diabetes, high blood pressure or kidney diseases.
- People with other types of kidney diseases.
- Protection treatments which are applied at the moment, must also be applied to people who have early-term kidney insufficiency.
Measures, which their success is proven, must be defined for protection against kidney or cardiovascular diseases. These are:
- Drugs which reduce blood pressure, ACE inhibitor, ARB group drugs, protein, reduces urea and at the same time it decreases the speed of glomerular filtration.
- Reducing high blood pressure, low blood pressure will pull down the speed of glomerular filtration.
- Blood sugar, lipids and the control of anemia.
- To quit smoking.
- Increase in physical activity.
- Control of body weight.
- The results of clinic researches at the recent years show that, the potential of taking renin-angiotestin system under control with ACE’s and ARB’s will reduce the number of cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, high blood pressure and chronicle kidney diseases with a lower cost. ACE inhibitors are effective in protection of growing kidney function looseness.